SPOOL communication protocol
Supported device types and versions
This protocol allows to read the weighted values of spools in the scales
produced by ALYA Poprad. It can be used when several scales are connected to a
line, since it contains the scale addressing.
For communication with one scale, you may use a simpler protocol ALYA Gina.
ALYA Spool enables to send a request to several scales (they may be selected by the station parameter Scales). Each scale can send a response in the format <STX><váha><tara><materiál><stanovište><návin><ETX><CRC>, where:
- <STX> start byte (02H)
- <váha> 7 bytes for material weight, e.g. " 23.00"
- <tara> 6 bytes for tare, e.g. " 0.00"
- <materiál> 4 bytes for material code, e.g. "0000"
- <stanovište> 4 bytes for number of stand, e.g. " 331"
- <návin> 1 byte for package. 1=full package, 0=non-full package
- <ETX> stop byte (03H)
- <CRC> check sum
Example of response:
<STX> 23.00 0.000000 3311<ETX>2
The address of I/O tag is number of stand, on which the weight was measured.
Communication line configuration
Communication station configuration
- Communication protocol: ALYA Spool
- Station address is not important.
Configuration dialog window -
tab "Protocol parameters".
They influence some optional parameters of protocol.
|Wait Timeout||Timeout between the reading response until it is completed.||ss.mss||00.050|
|Wait First Timeout||First timeout for reading response after sending a message.||ss.mss||00.100|
|Max Wait Retry||Number of retry reading the response until it is completed.||-||4|
|Retry Count||Number of retry requests in case of error in communication.||-||2|
|Scales||Scale addresses separated by comma that will be requested. The scale
address is a capital letter. In periodic data reading, KOM process tries to
communicate with all configured scales and reads the values from them.
I/O tag configuration
I/O tags: AI
I/O tag address - number of stand.
I/O tag value is a weight of spools measured on the entered stands.
Changes and modifications
- July 8, 2015 - added the parameters of station
- Ver. 1.1 – February 8, 2000 – updating of the document
- Ver. 1.2 - July 8, 2015 - revision and updating