Hydrolab DATASONDE 4a communication protocol
Supported device types and versions
This protocol supports data reading from Hydrolab DATASONDE 4a. The device must be in TTY communication mode.
Communication line configuration
The line parameters:
- Communication line category: Serial.
- Baud rate 2400,4800,9600 or 19200 Bd (according to settings of DATASONDE).
- Number of stop bits according to settings of DATASONDE.
- Number of data bits according to settings of DATASONDE.
- Parity according to settings of DATASONDE.
Other parameters are stated in the chapter Communication lines.
Communication station configuration
- Communication protocol: HYDROLAB DataSonde 4a
- Station address is not used.
Station protocol parameters
You can configure the following I/O tags:
|Key word||Full name||Meaning||Unit||Default value|
|WT||Wait Timeout||Delay between reading the line.||ms||1000 ms|
|MWR||Max Wait Retry||Maximum retries of reading the response until it is completed.||-||35|
String with protocol parameters is written according to this rule:
If a key word with valid value has not been found in the initial string, default value is used according to Table 1.
I/O tag configuration
The received values can be AI (Analog input) or TIR (Time interval - input).
These data are separated by blank space and ended by CR and LF characters. The address defines the index of value ranging from 1. Value type TIR may be used for value with index 1 – it is a device time.
Changes and modifications
- Ver. 1.0 – May 9, 2000 – Creation of document