Multiple installations of D2000 system on one computer
From the version V7.00 (release 7025R041) D2000 system allows to operate several D2000 system installations on one computer, but not in the same time.
- Using the program regedit create the new subkey D2000 in the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ipesoft.
- Create the subkey Installed in the key D2000.
In the key Installed, create the subkey which name contains the complete
path to the directory where the application was installed into. Key name must contain
slashes (/), not backslashes (\).
Example: If the path to the directory is c:\d2000\d2000.e70\, the key will be c:/D2000/D2000.E70.
- In this key, create the string value called Base and set up the name of the key of particular keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ipesoft as its value.
We need 2 installations of D2000 system on one computer. The first installation is to be called Install1 and the second installation Install2. Install1 is to be installed into the directory c:\d2000\Install1\ and Install2 into the directory c:\d2000\Install2\.
A Installation of Install1:
- Using the D2000 Setup program, install Install1 into the directory c:\D2000\Install1\. The D2000 Setup program automatically adds the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ipesoft\D2000V70 into the Registry.
- Rename this key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ipesoft\D2000V70) to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ipesoft\Install1.
- Create the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ipesoft\D2000 and then the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ipesoft\D2000\Installed in it.
- Create the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ipesoft\D2000\Installed\c:/D2000/Install1/ .
- In the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ipesoft\D2000\Installed\c:/D2000/Install1/ (see the picture bellow - 1), create the string value Base (2) and set up its value to D2000Install1 (3).
- The points 4 and 5 provides that the D2000 system is to be started from the directory (and subdirectories) c:\D2000\Install1\ and its configuration is to be placed in the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ipesoft\Install1 (4).
- Installation of Install1 is complete.
B Installation of Install2:
- Install2 is to be installed into the directory c:\d2000\Install2. The D2000 Setup program automatically adds the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ipesoft\D2000V70 into the Registry.
- Rename the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ipesoft\D2000V70 to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ipesoft\Install2.
- Create the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ipesoft\D2000\Installed\c:/D2000/Install2/.
- In the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ipesoft\D2000\Installed\c:/D2000/Install2/, create the string value Base and set up its value to D2000Install2.
- The points 4 and 5 provides that the D2000 system is to be started from the directory (and subdirectories) c:\D2000\Install2\ and its configuration is to be placed in the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ipesoft\Install2.
- Installation of Install2 is complete.
These D2000 system installations will store their values into the particular subkeys of the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ipesoft - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ipesoft\D2000Install1 and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ipesoft\D2000Install2.