- OPC Host: It is required only for "Remote" access, i.e. it is defined only for OPC server type "Remote" (string max. 50 characters). OPC HDA Server must be installed on a computer. You can enter the names according to UNC (Universal Naming Convention) (e.g. "\\server" or "server"), DNS domain names (e.g. "domain.com", "example.company.com") or IP address ("22.214.171.124").
- Backup Host: It is required only for "Remote" access. It is a backup OPC host. If it is defined, D2000 KOM tries to establish a communication alternately with OPC Host and Backup Host after a failure of communication.
- OPC Server: A name (ProgID) of OPC server (string max. 50 characters).
- Server Type: "InProc", "Local" or "Remote".
Communication line parameters
Following communication line parameters can be configured for protocol "OPC Historical Data Access 1.20 Client":
Authentication level used when establishing a connection to the OPC server. The OPC standard defines the following levels:
Note: The default value RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_CONNECT (2) may no longer be sufficient. Microsoft has implemented security hardening to address the security issues described in CVE-2021-26414. See "KB5004442—Manage changes for Windows DCOM Server Security Feature Bypass (CVE-2021-26414)" for more details.
- Ver. 1.0 – October 15, 2007
- Ver. 1.1 - Feb 7th, 2021 - added parameter "Authentication Level"