- xN indicates the number of bytes that read or write. Valid values N are 1, 2, 4 (in combination with I, U, F), 6 for T type and optional figure arbitrary number for C type).
- A letter defines the type of I/O tag. In comparison with Beside standard I, U, F, B, there are two two extra types have been added:
- C - text string of fixed length (e.g. x10.C3.1001 is 10-sign character string on address 1001)
- T - time stamp with length of 6 bytes (ss:mi:hh dd:mm:yy)
- A meaning of other parameters is in compliance with invariable mode.